Instructions for Evaluators
If you are interested in becoming an evaluator, please contact email@example.com. Once you are a registered user of this site (it's free!), your results will be stored in the central database and available for your retrieval but will not be published unless you would like to contribute to the EPUB 3 Support Grid. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the publication process.
If you are not interested in becoming an evaluator, you are still encouraged to download the Test Suite materials to test your reading system.
The following instructions apply to logged-in users.
- Log in.
- Go to Manage.
Add Evaluation and follow the instructions on screen. Unless you are performing accessibility testing, choose
EPUB 3 as your Test Suite.
- You may first wish to add a reading system if it's not already listed on the site.
- Start filling out the evaluation details and proceed to the first section.
- Download the EPUBs required for each section. They are listed at the top of the relevant evaluation section.
- Follow the instructions for each test.
- Record the results for each test, using its ID to match the test in the book with the test on the website form. If the test passes, record the result as
Supported. Otherwise, choose
- Note that you can save an incomplete evaluation form and return to finish it later.
- When you are done with all of the tests, contact email@example.com to publish your results.
- From time to time, the Test Suite grows. You are encouraged to check back regularly for alerts that your evaluation requires updating